Film History: An Introduction 3rd edition – ch 15 Thompson and Bordwell

April 16th, 2010

Even though I love how the United States has a mixture of social policies, like capitalism, laisse faire, and some socialism; I don’t’ like how it tries to push western policies down other countries throats and decides that other social policies in other super powered countries are just simply wrong. I find this to be hypocritical. What was worse, from reading this chapter, was learning how it subjected its major film talent (writers and directors) because of their communist beliefs, which they are entitled to under the First Amendment. I view the HUAC hearings as a major dark period in the United States for the film industry, as well as history in America as a whole. I am not surprised that with the citations against communist filmmakers, the American cinema began to plummet.

Naeisha Rose

2 Responses to “Film History: An Introduction 3rd edition – ch 15 Thompson and Bordwell”

1. Demarcus Parrish on September 4, 2014 8:16 am

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to
    be really something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I am looking
    forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the
    hang of it!

My blog post – Demarcus Parrish

2. best coffee grinder on June 3, 2016 3:58 am

best coffee grinder

Film History: An Introduction 3rd edition – ch 15 Thompson and Bordwell at Media Studies 144 comments

Trackback URI | Comments RSS